Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Inspiration

I scan through Pinterest almost daily in search of fashion inspiration for my sketches. Different things in a photograph speak to me. Usually it's color, texture, angle, or the pose of a model. So when I saw this picture, I knew I had to sketch it. The color, the sheer top, the bow, her hand on her hip all inspired me to create this piece.

Yesterday, I started an online fashion illustration class and I'm so excited to share what comes from it! We are in the beginning stages of gathering inspiration, so I will have lots of sketches coming soon. As always, if you have a request for an illustration or suggestion, let me know in the comments below!



10 comments:

  1. Very nice! I`m not sure that I have any exciting suggestions, but I always enjoy what you come up with. Very cool that you have started a class, does everyone in the class share their illustrations online?

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jess.. Yea everyone shares what they create. It's been a blast so far!! Thanks for always leaving sweet comments!

      Delete
  2. Very cool! I haven't started any of my Paper Fashion course work yet, been working long hours. But I'm looking forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessica,
      I hear ya on the working long hours!! I look forward to seeing what you create as well!!

      Delete
  3. Your drawings are incredible! Do you get worried that they will be stolen by putting them on the internet? I only ask because they are so fantastic and it would be a shame for someone to come across them and use them against your wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rhiannon,
      Yea.. That is good advice. I will start to put a water mark or signature on them. Thank you!! :)

      Delete
  4. wow!!! your sketches are great!!! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. these sketches are beautiful. i am so glad i stumbled upon your blog!
    xx
    www.atipsytart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Thank you so much! I am glad you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete

UA-38837443-1