Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dry Bar

A few weeks ago, I was visiting Dallas, TX and had to visit Dry Bar.  If you aren't familiar with the concept, it's basically a hair salon where they feature blow outs and styling only, no cuts or color.  The salon had a gorgeous setup with a chic nod to an actual bartop.  They also have a cute menu with styles named after cocktails - love it!  I was so inspired to sketch the two styles I wanted: Straight Up and Mai Tai.  I ended up going with the Mai Tai, which was loose waves.
Have you ever been to a blow dry bar?  What did you order?
 Straight Up

The Mai Tai

4 comments:

  1. Interesting, I had never heard of a dry bar before- I`m not sure if we have them here, but it's a cool idea!

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I think right now they are only in CA, TX, and NY. But if you ever get a chance, it's a fun experience!

      Delete
  2. wow! melissa I have only just found you blog and I was amazed! Your illustrations are breath taking! I could not believe you only had 5 followers (now 6!) Do you do pictures for blogs? like a copy of a photo in your style?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you so much for your kind comment! I would love to do pictures for blogs. I have done illustrations of photos in my style and that is so fun! If you are interested (or know someone) please shoot me a note at MelissaNadineCauthen@gmail.com and we can chat! Thanks again :)
      Melissa

      Delete

UA-38837443-1